Thursday, January 04, 2007

Books Read in 2007

Fiction

8. The Best American Short Stories 2006

9. I’ll Come Following You, by Vicki Sairs (not published yet)

15. Odd Thomas, by Dean Koontz (Read my review)

16. My Visit to Hell, by Paul Thigpen

17. The Witch of Portobello, by Paulo Coehlo

19. Forever Odd, by Dean Koontz

20. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, by J.K. Rowling

26. The Complete Stories, by Flannery O’Connor (Read my mini-review)

31. Inferno, by Dante Alighieri (translated by Elio Zappulla) (Read my mini-review)


Science Fiction/Fantasy

1. Perelandra, by C.S. Lewis

2. That Hideous Strength, by C.S. Lewis

21. Infinite Space, Infinite God, by Karina & Robert Fabian (Ed.) (Read my review)

30. The Children of Hurin, by J.R.R. Tolkien (Read my mini-review)

32. Arrows of the Queen, by Mercedes Lackey (Read my mini-review)

35. The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien (Read my mini-review)

36. The Two Towers, by J.R.R. Tolkien (Read my mini-review)

38. The Return of the King, by J.R.R. Tolkien (Read my mini-review)


Youth/Young Adult

4. Betsy-Tacy, by Maud Hart Lovelace (Read my review)

10. Eragon, by Christopher Paolini (Read my review)

11. Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm, by Kate Douglas Wiggin

18. Eldest, by Christopher Paolini

34. Magyk (Septimus Heap, Book 1), by Angie Sage (Read my mini-review)

37. The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, by Ann Brashares (Read my mini-review)

39. The Second Summer of the Sisterhood, by Ann Brashares (Read my mini-review)


Nonfiction - General

23. Educating the Wholehearted Child, by Clay & Sally Clarkson (Read my mini-review)

27. A Mathematician Reads the Newspaper, by John Allen Paulos (Read my mini-review)

28. A Charlotte Mason Companion, by Karen Andreola

40. A Thomas Jefferson Education: Teaching a Generation of Leaders for the Twenty-first Century, by Oliver Van DeMille (Read my mini-review)


Nonfiction - Catholic/Christian

3. Pope Fiction: Answers to 30 Myths and Misconceptions about the Papacy, by Patrick Madrid

5. The Passion and Resurrection Narratives of Jesus / A Commentary, by Stephen J. Binz

6. Theology of the Body, by John Paul II

7. Does the Bible Really Say That? by Patrick Madrid

12. Real Education: Education in the Heart of the Home, by Elizabeth Foss

13. Mom to Mom, Day to Day: Advice & Support for Catholic Living, by Danielle Bean (Read my review)

14. My Cup of Tea, by Danielle Bean (Read my review)

22. Full of Grace: Women and the Abundant Life, by Johnnette Benkovic

24. Prayerfully Expecting: A Mine-Month Novena for Mothers to Be, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle (Read my review)

25. The Heart of Motherhood, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle (Read my mini-review)

29. Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, by Joanna Weaver (Read my mini-review)

33. The Power of a Praying Wife, by Stormie Omartian (Read my mini-review)