Saturday, January 05, 2008

Books Read in 2008

Fiction
2. My Sister's Keeper, by Jodi Picoult (My Review)
4. The Pact, by Jodi Picoult (My Review)
7. Brother Odd, by Dean Koontz (My Review)
8. The Man Who Was Thursday, by G.K. Chesterton (courtesy of LibriVox) (My Review)
9. China Court; The Hours of a Country House, by Rumer Godden (courtesy of Forgotten Classics) (My Review)
14. The Quilt, by T. Davis Bunn (My Review)
15. In This House of Brede, by Rumer Godden (My Review)
27. Watership Down, by Richard Adams (My Review)
30. Odd Hours, by Dean Koontz (My Review)
31. The Wonder Stick, by Stanton A. Coblentz (courtesy of Forgotten Classics) (My Review)
32. Auralia's Colors, by Jeffrey Overstreet (My Review)

Young Adult
13. The Daring Book for Girls, by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz (My Review)
16. Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Carroll (courtesy of Storynory)
18. The Field Guide (Spiderwick Chronicles, Book 1), by Holly Black (My Review)
28. Catholic, Reluctantly (John Paul 2 High, Book 1), by Christian M. Frank (My Review)
37. Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer (My Review)
40. The Tales of Beedle the Bard, by J.K. Rowling (My Review)
41. Brisingr, by Christopher Paolini (My Review)
42. May Bird and the Ever After (Book One), by Jodi Lynn Anderson (My Review)

Nonfiction - General
1. Ava's Man, by Rick Bragg (My Review)
17. If You Want to Write: A Book about Independence, Art and Spirit, by Brenda Ueland (My Review)
20. Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim, by David Sedaris
24. Writing Down the Bones: Freeing the Writer Within, by Natalie Goldberg (My Review)
29. Making a Literary Life: Advice for Writers and Other Dreamers, by Carolyn See (My Review)
33. How to Pick a Peach: The Search for Flavor from Farm to Table, by Russ Parsons (My Review)
34. Home Education, by Charlotte M. Mason
35. Mouth Wide Open, by John Thorne (My Review)
38. Apple Pie: An American Story, by John T. Edge (My Review)
43. Sink Reflections, by Marla Cilley - The FlyLady (My Review)

Nonfiction - Catholic/Christian
3. Adventures in Orthodoxy, by Dwight Longenecker (My Review)
5. Mother Teresa: Come Be My Light, by Mother Teresa and Brian Kolodiejchuk (My Review)
6. Raising Up Mommy: Virtues for Difficult Mothering Moments, by Heidi Hess Saxton (My Review)
11. Catholic Saints Prayer Book: Moments of Inspiration from Your Favorite Saints, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle (My Review)
12. Behold Your Mother: Mary Stories and Reflections from a Catholic Convert, by Heidi Hess Saxton (My Review)
15. Embrace Grace, by Liz Curtis Higgs (My Review)
21. Rediscovering Catholicism: Journeying Toward Our Spiritual North Star, by Matthew Kelly (My Review)
22. Heaven's Song, by Christopher West (My Review)
25. The Domestic Church: Room by Room, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle (My Review)
26. Grace Cafe: Serving Up Recipes for Faithful Mothering, by Donna-Marie Cooper O'Boyle (My Review)
36. Mary and Me: Catholic Women Reflect on the Mother of God, by Ginny Kubitz Moyer (My Review)
39. Called Out of Darkness: A Spiritual Confession, by Anne Rice (My Review)

Collections
10. Pushcart Prize XXXII: Best of the Small Presses, 2008 Edition (My Review)
19. My Mother, My Strength, edited by Maria Johnson (My Review)
23. Firestorm of Dragons, edited by Michele Acker & Kirk Dougal (My Review)

Church Documents
Mulieris Dignitatem (On the Dignity and Vocation of Women), by John Paul II
Evangelium Vitae (The Gospel of Life), by John Paul II
Spe Salvi (Saved by Hope), by Benedict XVI (My Thoughts)